Manraj specialises in corporate crime (including internal and external investigations), financial and serious crime, tax litigation, and civil fraud. He also undertakes certain matrimonial work for high-net-worth individuals.
Manraj has acted for individuals, celebrities, and companies in some of the most prominent investigations and proceedings brought by the Crown Prosecution Service, Financial Conduct Authority, Financial Reporting Council, HM Revenue and Customs, National Crime Agency, Serious Fraud Office, CFTC, and the US Department of Justice.
Manraj is renowned for his strategic thinking and ensuring the best possible outcomes for his clients. Manraj has often been successful in cases where other legal professionals have advised that the client’s prospects of success are limited but he ensures that clients are given realistic and pragmatic advice from the outset and supports clients with achieving their objectives as efficiently as possible. His advice is highly sought after by high-net worth individuals and corporates from a wide variety of sectors.
– Successfully intervened in high-value matrimonial proceedings and secured a judgment declaring that a property worth in excess of £10 million featuring in the divorce was held on trust by a party in the divorce for his client in Russia. Manraj also secured an order for his client’s costs.
– Acting for various defendants alleged to be involved in an organised crime group and conspiracy to evade in excess of £100 million alcohol duty.
– Successfully challenged extradition proceedings brought by the Czech Republic authorities against a UK national for his alleged involvement in fraud and money laundering of over £1.6 million.
– Acting for a defendant in an international conspiracy to supply class A drugs with a market value in excess of £100 million and associated money laundering and firearm offences.
– Acting for a suspect alleged to have committed investment fraud which resulted in losses exceeding £10 million to sophisticated investors.