Cindy advises on a wide range of white collar crime and financial services regulatory matters. She has acted for both individuals and companies in investigations and proceedings brought by the Serious Fraud Office, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Crown Prosecution Service, the National Crime Agency, HM Revenue and Customs and other prosecuting bodies.
Cindy specialises in the areas of financial services regulation and enforcement, complex financial frauds, money laundering, bribery and corruption offences, direct and indirect tax evasion and fraudulent trading. She also advises and represents individuals and third parties in proceedings relating to restraint orders, asset forfeiture orders and cash seizures.
– Acting for a company allegedly involved in a major US Navy contracting scandal concerning allegations of bribery and fraud.
– Representing an individual in the high-profile Dame Linda Dobbs Review into HBOS and Lloyds Banking Group.
– Representing defendants in VAT and Duty diversion frauds in which HMRC allege the fraudulent evasion of over £400 million in VAT and Duty.
– Acting for an individual facing allegations by the FCA of insider dealing.
– Representing directors in FCA enforcement proceedings.
Cindy is a member of the Fraud Lawyers Association and the International Bar Association.