- Representing a Russian pharmaceutical company in International Chamber of Commerce proceedings defending a claim over alleged wrongful termination of a distribution contract.
- Representing PJSC “Aeroflot – Russian Airlines” in its claims against Mr Berezovsky and others.
- Representing the Government of the Samara Region, Russia seeking enforcement of a Russian judgment in England against Mr Berezovsky.
- Representing a Russian national in dispute over dilution of his shareholding in a UK company valued over £100 million.
Areas of Expertise
Sergey is an experienced commercial litigation and arbitration lawyer. He has experience in multi-million dollar multi-jurisdictional fraud claims, shareholders disputes, defamation, breach of contract, tort and insolvency claims. He also has experience acting in high value divorces.
Sergey is a native Russian speaker and heads the Russia and CIS practice at Bivonas Law.
- Joint Stock Co “Aeroflot - Russian Airlines” v Berezovsky & Anor (2014)  EWCA Civ 20.
- JSC “Aeroflot – Russian Airlines” v (1) Michael Thomas Leeds Nicholas Stewart Wood and Kevin John Hellard (As Trustees Of The Insolvent Estate Of Platon Elenin (also known as Boris Abramovich Berezovsky)) and others  EWHC 150 (Ch).
- Aeroflot v Berezovsky and ors  EWHC 1735 (Ch).
Sergey is the UK representative of the Russian Association of Cryptocurrency and Blockchain. He is also a member of the British-Russian Law Association, Anglo-Russian Law Association, Russian and CIS Arbitration Network and British Ukrainian Law Association.