- Representing a Russian pharmaceutical company in International Chamber of Commerce proceedings defending a claim over alleged wrongful termination of a distribution contract.
- Representing PJSC “Aeroflot – Russian Airlines” in its claims against Mr Berezovsky and others.
- Representing the Government of the Samara Region, Russia seeking enforcement of a Russian judgment in England against Mr Berezovsky.
- Representing a Russian national in dispute over dilution of his shareholding in a UK company valued over £100 million.
"On 5 May 2020, Sergey Litovchenko and Simon Davenport QC discussed practical aspects of and shared their experience obtaining third party litigation funding at Kalita Partners’ first Live Talk sessions..."
Areas of Expertise
Sergey specialises in commercial litigation and arbitration. He has experience in multi-million dollar multi-jurisdictional fraud claims, shareholders disputes, defamation, breach of contract, tort and insolvency claims. He also has experience acting in high value divorces.
Sergey is a native Russian speaker and heads the Russia and CIS practice at Bivonas Law.
- Joint Stock Co “Aeroflot - Russian Airlines” v Berezovsky & Anor (2014)  EWCA Civ 20.
- JSC “Aeroflot – Russian Airlines” v (1) Michael Thomas Leeds Nicholas Stewart Wood and Kevin John Hellard (As Trustees Of The Insolvent Estate Of Platon Elenin (also known as Boris Abramovich Berezovsky)) and others  EWHC 150 (Ch).
- Aeroflot v Berezovsky and ors  EWHC 1735 (Ch).
Sergey is the UK representative of the Russian Association of Cryptocurrency and Blockchain. He is also a member of the British-Russian Law Association, Anglo-Russian Law Association, Russian and CIS Arbitration Network and British Ukrainian Law Association.